The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'birthday' - Line: 105 - File: inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php PHP 5.5.38 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php 105 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   imagebirthday_profile
/inc/class_plugins.php 100 call_user_func_array
/showthread.php 394 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'birthday' - Line: 105 - File: inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php PHP 5.5.38 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php 105 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   imagebirthday_profile
/inc/class_plugins.php 100 call_user_func_array
/showthread.php 1245 pluginSystem->run_hooks

We have received 33% of our goal
Server costs

Forum Affiliates

Your banner here / Tu banner aquí

Tags: Firearms,

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Firearms
01-28-2012, 01:29 PM
RE: Firearms
My opinion is that firearms should be illegal to civilians. Only police and military personal should be allowed to carry firearms. It is impossible to obtain a concealed carry permit here in the Netherlands. The legal age to own a gun here is 18, but you have to be a member of a shooting club and you have to go through some serious psychological and ethical tests.

I know that in the US it is a constitutional right to own a firearm, but I think that when there are more firearms circulating in the populace (legal and illegal), Shooting accidents are more prone to happen. I just don't understand why US citizens feel so strongly about it. I do hope that some one can explain that to me.

“Beware the fury of a patient man.”

rpouwels, proud to be a member of EDC Mania forums since Jan 2012.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2012, 12:12 AM
rpouwels,

I live in the USA and believe something a bit different that what you do haha. I personally believe that more people should own guns. One of the main arguments that I have for owning guns is the issue of personal safety. I have lived in the city for 3 years and have found myself in a few situations where I wish that I would have had a firearm of some sort for my own personal protection and feeling of well being. I also have found myself in numerous situations in my home town where I would have felt at ease if I had a weapon on me that I could rely on. While there are many people that do not like or need guns I feel as though everyone should have the choice to own them and use them. I know that I am looking forward to exercising my right of owning one whenever I come of age.

Wimachtendienk Wingolauchsik Witahemui

Brotherhood, Cheerfulness, Service
02-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Well, I just think that is the whole problem over there... because there are so many guns, gun related violence will happen sooner and it has contributed to the unsafe feelings that you are experiencing. I just think that making it so easy, is the cause of all the problems. But those are just my two cents..

02-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Well if you know some one has a gun, you probably wont try to steal anything from them.
Logic.

TheKnifeGuru, proud to be a member of EDC Mania forums since Jan 2012.
02-01-2012, 10:11 PM
I know... but it make some people get a gun and try to steal none the less, which will only result in more guns, more violence... it's a downward spiral... So I think that the US constitutional right to bare arms, is the cause of the gun related problems that country is having and the cause that people over there don't feel safe anymore without a gun... and that is where the spiral goes down...

02-01-2012, 10:40 PM
But you can never stop anyone from getting a gun. No matter how hard you try, some one will always have one.
That's why I think its so BS to try to make laws to have something illegal that can't be regulated. You can make a run out of almost anything, just have a piece of wood and drill a hole in it, put a bullet in it and smack it against a wall to shoot it.

Robbery and theft will always be a problem, dosent matter if you have a gun or not. Some one will use a knife, baseball bat, pipe... ext.

02-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Okay, point taken... but the threshold to actually use a gun is lower... because it is more impersonal...

I must say that I agree with the fact that theft and robbery will always be a problem. I can't argue with that.

The gun, the ultimate "point and click" interface Wink

02-02-2012, 07:30 AM
A total ban on handguns/revolvers in the UK never brought expected results. Rate of violent crimes is not reduced, knife crime is on the rise and criminals are still in possession of whatever firearms you can think of.

You simply can't count on police to be omnipresent and protect you anywhere, anytime (unless you live in a police state, of course), so you must be legally enabled to protect yourself, your family and property.

BTW there are some legal nonsenses regarding the right to self-defense. In my country you're allowed to respond to attack with equal force only (literally, if someone shoots you in the head you're allowed to respond only in equal manner - otherwise you're ending in a prison for an assault). So it's either cemetery or prison for a man who's acting in self-defense. Utter stupidity, IMO. And a bit of OT, too.

Cheers,

Tam

EDCMF #17
02-27-2012, 08:35 PM
So either way, legal or not. Criminals will ways have guns. No matter how hard you try. Even if you do ban guns killings will still happen.
Recent news from where I live: there has been a case of some going around stabbing people and killing them. If that first person had a gun, they would have lived and that killer would be dead. And now that guy has killed over 4 people.
It's still going on wether if they have a gun or not, so I don't see how banning guns would really help. It would just hurt be general public more than criminals.

Firearms
Current time: 08-19-2017, 07:31 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Langcjl
Last Post: TheKnifeGuru
Replies 18
Views 2324