The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'birthday' - Line: 105 - File: inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php PHP 5.5.38 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php 105 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   imagebirthday_profile
/inc/class_plugins.php 100 call_user_func_array
/showthread.php 394 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'birthday' - Line: 105 - File: inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php PHP 5.5.38 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php 105 errorHandler->error
[PHP]   imagebirthday_profile
/inc/class_plugins.php 100 call_user_func_array
/showthread.php 1245 pluginSystem->run_hooks

We have received 33% of our goal
Server costs

Forum Affiliates

Your banner here / Tu banner aquí

Tags: Firearms,

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Firearms
06-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Firearms
Really if this forum is about EDC, firearms belongs somewhere above the keychain, pen, loser section. I understand that in the non free world you are not allowed to speak in public about guns but in an EDC forum the issue needs a more prominent spot.

Langcjl, proud to be a member of EDC Mania forums since Jun 2011.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2011, 10:19 AM
RE: Firearms
(06-21-2011 09:10 AM)Langcjl Wrote:  Really if this forum is about EDC, firearms belongs somewhere above the keychain, pen, loser section. I understand that in the non free world you are not allowed to speak in public about guns but in an EDC forum the issue needs a more prominent spot.

I agree and wish I could legally carry a glock or even a knife down here. Can't even own a glock here

eeedddccc, proud to be a member of EDC Mania forums since Jun 2011.
06-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Quote:I understand that in the non free world
¿The non free world?

Al amigo todo, al enemigo nada, a los demas "a reglamento".
06-21-2011, 03:33 PM
With "non free world" I think he means to compare between real world in common situations (which is not "free" in the mind of a person who likes the things we like) and a forum like this one, about EDC. For example, it's not common to speak about guns in most of situations in real world (non free world) but it's quite normal here and similar forums. Am I right? Smile

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I have created a new category called "Firearms" just for them Smile Now we need time to make it bigger.

EDC Mania: Your Every Day Carry forums! Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-21-2011, 08:36 PM
(06-21-2011 03:33 PM)edcmania Wrote:  With "non free world" I think he means to compare between real world in common situations (which is not "free" in the mind of a person who likes the things we like) and a forum like this one, about EDC.

Gracias

Al amigo todo, al enemigo nada, a los demas "a reglamento".
06-22-2011, 03:36 AM
Yes, by non free world I mean anywhere that people's rights are restricted and instead of restricting the activities of people who would violate the rights of others, governments find it easier to restrict the rights of law abiding,'good citizens. This is not limited by geography or nationality.
Take for instance the USA. In many places EDC of concealed weapons is not restricted but in many others it is. If you live in a place where criminals carry weapons but you are not allowed to protect yourself in kind, then you live in a non free part of the world. I do.
Where I live, open carry is allowed but the police will still harass you. Concealed carry is going through the legislature so things are improving.

Langcjl, proud to be a member of EDC Mania forums since Jun 2011.
06-22-2011, 07:09 AM
(06-22-2011 03:36 AM)Langcjl Wrote:  If you live in a place where criminals carry weapons but you are not allowed to protect yourself in kind, then you live in a non free part of the world. I do.

+1 Undecided

EDCMF #17
07-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Taking advantage of the new smiles… Plus1 hehehe Big Grin

EDC Mania: Your Every Day Carry forums! Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2012, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2012 11:53 PM by TheKnifeGuru.)
But then you think... If its criminal to carry a gun to protect yourself from the criminals that carry those guns who are criminals to begin with then why are you criminal?

Mind F*K FTW!
But in all points you should be allowed to carry a gun with you anywhere. As long as you have a concealed carry permit.

But in the US. you have to be 21 to own and carry a hand gun, which I'm 18. If I am a responsible rifle owner then why can't I legally own a pistol. Problem?

If you think about it, they should have a lower age (+18) to get a concealed permit, and a stronger test to apply for it. Give the person a hard test with morals and situations, see how they do, and give a board of people the decision to grant them a permit or not.

In all truth I still own a pistol, lol. But I am smart about it. I don't use it for an EDC because of that law. I leave it in a safe at my house for protection. The only time I take it out is to shoot it or go hunting.

Either way, I am a responsible gun owner who should be allowed to conceal a firearm.

I'm not stupid like all the other people.

TheKnifeGuru, proud to be a member of EDC Mania forums since Jan 2012.
01-28-2012, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2012 12:30 PM by tam.)
Speaking of my country, the only way you're allowed to carry a handgun/revolver outside your home is in a locked gun case with clip/rounds removed, but if you're stopped by the police, you'd still have a lot to explain.

There are special permits which allow concealed carry to citizens, but those are issued rarely and under circumstances which are known only to police.

Ordinary citizens are under close scrutiny by law, while criminals carry their firearms when and where they wantUndecided

Cheers,

Tam

EDCMF #17

Firearms
Current time: 12-17-2017, 10:13 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Langcjl
Last Post: TheKnifeGuru
Replies 18
Views 2324